Internship Opportunity at Super Cool Air Conditioning, Inc
Approximate Start Date: 10/15/14
Application Deadline: 10/3/14 by 12:00pm PST
Compensation: $10/hour + Commission Opportunities if desired
Time Commitment: 15-21 hours per week
Areas of Focus: Business - Marketing, Finance, Operations & Business Development
Duration: 3-6 months
More details below ....
About the Opportunity: Super Cool Air Conditioning, Inc. is looking to hire a paid intern 2-3 days per week for 5-7 hours each day (15-21 hours per week). Intern will work directly with company’s Business Manager/Senior Vice President in the areas of marketing, operations, and finance. The intern will be offered opportunities to manage existing projects and suggest new ones.
Expectations: Intern should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with high expectations. Being extremely detail-oriented is always expected. Proper grammar is a must. Intern should be a “go-getter” with a can-do attitude necessary in a fast-growing and high-demand entrepreneurial environment. Intern should be comfortable handling tasks ranging from project management to answering phones to running errands (minimal). Intern should be open to learning and coaching. Should be comfortable working in a contractor (construction-like) office work environment.
Requirements: Business major would be helpful but not required. Interest in business with an emphasis in entrepreneurship is required. Intern should have her/his own laptop. Apple laptop is strongly preferred. Intern should have a car and be comfortable running an occasional errand – gas and time reimbursed. Intern will need to commit to a three-month term and be committed to a schedule. Live within a reasonable (e.g. up to 30-minute) drive from office based in South El Monte. Comfortable with a rapidly-changing environment with fast-paced needs adjusting frequently.
Start Time/Length of Internship:
- Expected start date – On or around October 15, 2014
- Length of internship – 3-month commitment with option to renew
Compensation & Benefits:
- $10/hour paid weekly via Wells Fargo Payroll. (Company may move to a biweekly pay period before 12/31/14).
- Option to set up self-funded retirement account via TIAA-CREF with no set-up fee or minimum amount required.
- Wells Fargo “Wells At Work” account offered to all company employees ($0 fee account).
- Exposure to a 35-year old company that is undergoing a complete overhaul and therefore has a “start-up” feel.
- 1:1 work with a mentor with a depth of business experience who demands high performance but enjoys teaching students about the fast-paced and exciting world of business.
- Exposure to various aspects of a dynamic and rapidly-growing business.
- Lunch frequently provided by company.
- Commission opportunities available to add extra compensation to hourly wage.
- Business Development – Assist Company with becoming a certified vendor with Home Depot and Costco.
- Marketing – Assist Business Manager with managing company’s 10 digital marketing sites (Yelp, Google Places, Google Ad Words, etc.). Help to create company’s email database.
- Finance – Restructure system for tracking technician’s commission compensation structure. Assist Business Manager with designing a new system to manage Company’s expenditures.
- Operations – Work with Business Manager to design a job completion checklist to assist with maintaining Company’s 99% customer satisfaction rate.
- Administrative – Note taking, phone answering, email drafting, etc.
- Sample list only. Projects will be designed to match company’s changing needs and intern’s strengths.
- CSULA Students: Lorin Leone, Placement Coordinator via email at email@example.com
- Non-CSULA students: James Alva via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place "Internship" in subject line.